BMW X5 Dashboard Light Guide
When a bright glaring symbol lights up your BMW X5 dashboard, your first instinct might be to panic. A quick scan of all your regular appointments you made on time may flash through your mind as you consider what you did to deserve this today of all days. But dashboard lights really aren’t a reason to panic. They’re simply your vehicle’s way of saying, “Hey, I need a little attention as soon as possible.”
For your convenience, we’ve outlined the meaning of some of the most important indicator and warning lights in the 2017 BMW X5. Check it out now, then schedule a service appointment at your local BMW dealership near Bronx, Queens, and Manhattan.
Red Dashboard Lights
BMW X5 dashboard lights that are red usually mean there’s a safety issue you need to pay attention to. Here are a few examples:
- Safety Belt Reminder: The safety belt of the driver is not buckled. Buckle Up.
- Airbag System: The belt tensioner and airbag system aren’t working. Get the vehicle checked immediately.
- Parking Brake: The brake is set. There’s nothing to worry about.
- Brake System: The braking system has been disrupted. Get the vehicle checked immediately.
Yellow Dashboard Lights
BMW X5 dashboard lights that are yellow usually mean there’s a current condition that needs your attention. Here are a few examples:
- Anti-Lock Braking System: The anti-lock function isn’t working properly. Stop cautiously and get the vehicle directly to your local service department for service.
- Flat Tire Monitor: One or more of your tires has lost a severe amount of tire pressure. Drive cautiously and refill the tire as soon as possible.
- Tire Pressure Monitor System: One or more of your tires has lost a bit of pressure. If the light flashes, then stays on continuously, there’s a problem with the system and it needs to be checked.
- Engine Function: This light indicates that there’s a problem with the vehicle’s emissions system. Get it checked immediately.
Green Dashboard Lights
BMW X5 dashboard lights that are green are just indicating that a system is being used currently. Here are a few examples:
- Turn signals
- Parking lights
- Front fog lights
- Cruise control
What to Do When a BMW X5 Dashboard Light Comes On
If a dashboard light comes on in your BMW X5 and you’re not familiar with its meaning, you should make every effort to find out immediately. For a full listing of lights you might see on the dashboard of your 2017 BMW X5, check out the Indicator/Warning Lights section in your vehicle owner’s manual. Or contact the team at your local BMW service center near Manhattan, Bronx, and Queens. The team at BMW of Manhattan will happily work with you to determine the source of the light illumination and work through the issue with you as quickly as possible so you can get back out on the road.
Ready to schedule a service appointment? Contact the team at BMW of Manhattan now by phone or schedule a service appointment online.